c

c

Let's Get Social

Inspiration for living a luxuriously and balanced life

Monday, February 3, 2014

Feeling Off ...? Maybe It's Your Energetic Body

Welcome to Over a Cup of Tea with Celia M.
Chakra Series ~  1 of 7


For the first two or so years post accident I took the path of healing via traditional medical practices. And though there was some amazing progress in healing soft tissue, broken bones and strengthening muscles, something continued to feel off, so much so that I found myself agreeing to anti-depressants - but still I knew something was off. Desperate to feel better and move forward with life I started to search out alternative therapies which could be incorporated with the traditional medical therapy recommendations I was following. 

In my search I came across various articles and information about energy healing. I began to understand while traditional medical therapy was taking care the injuries that could be seen, it was not able to heal what could not be seen - my body's energetic system. This energetic system not only affects our emotions, it can also affect our body's physiology - our hormonal and chemical process as well as playing a role in how we respond to life's challenges and adapt to our surroundings. 

Even more interesting was learning that blocks in our energetic system can cause physical symptoms like: poor digestion, headaches, weight gain, low libido, and disease ... WOW!!! I was definitely experiencing some of these symptoms. As I began to tap into my energetic system I was amazed at the progress in my healing (I even seemed to respond better when it came to some of the traditional medical therapy I continued with) - physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.

You may know this energetic system as your Chakras.

The word Chakra is Sanskrit for wheel or disk. It signifies one of seven basic energy centres which represent a spectrum of vibrating energy through which you process life experiences and emotions. Ideally, all seven of your chakras, which span from your pelvis to your head, should emit the same amount of energy, and resulting in a balance of emotional and physical health.

When we are going through changes in our life (emotional and/or physical) our chakras may become out of balance. Over the next few weeks I will be sharing tips for assessing if your chakras may have become unbalanced/blocked and tips you can do yourself to help break up these blocks to get your energetic system back in balance.




This week I have chosen this beautiful Aynsley bone china teacup made in England for its red colour which is the same color of our first chakra known as the ROOT Chakra.

First Chakra - The ROOT Chakra ~ aka the Muldhara, is located at the base of the spine and is our survival center.This is where our primitive self resides and our desire to "belong" lives.

If the root/base chakra becomes unbalanced, you may feel "stuck" and just can't seem to move forward in life.  You may feel ungrounded, with a depleting sense of self.  This frequently happens following traumatic events, family problems, death of a loved one, and major life changes.  A blockage in the root chakra prevents the release of grief, guilt, and sadness, contributing the the inability to move forward and preventing you from following your destiny.

Symptoms of Imbalance:
Emotional : Feeling insecure, fearful, anxious, worried, fatigued and you may make poor dietary choices.

Physical : lower-back pain, sciatica, varicose veins, constipation, diarrhea, impotence, water retention, and problems with groin, hips, legs, knees, calves, ankles, and feet. 

Three simple ways to help balance your Root Chakra:

~There is nothing like feeling the grass beneath one's feet. In the summer and during the warm temperature months stand outside with your feet hip width apart, heels slightly wider than the toes pressing into the grass feeling the connection with the earth. During inclement weather do this on the wood floors in your home. What is important is to feel the connection and experience the feeling of being grounded. As you press your feet into the earth (or wood floor) close your eyes and visualize roots growing from the bottoms of your feet and boring deep down into the earth's core. Do this for about 5-10 minutes and enjoy the feeling of being connected with Mother Earth.

Steep a cup of green tea, raspberries, hibiscus blend and repeat the following affirmations as you sip your tea:

I am whole
I am connected to humanity
I am receiving my highest good
I am appreciative and grateful for all I have
I am making a difference
I belong

Sit comfortably, feet flat on the ground, close your eyes and visualize a red disk/ball spinning at the base of your spine - feel the vibration and motion of it spinning while gently breathing in and out - with each breath visualize the disk/ball becoming stronger and spinning at a consistent speed smoothly and balanced.

Benefits of balancing and opening the root chakra: negative emotions are released, regenerating confidence and your will to move forward in life. A healthy root chakra promotes feelings of security and encourages exploration to find your life's purpose and achieve success.  A balanced root chakra also generates the flow of energy to all other chakras.


Would love for you to share in the comments additional tips you may have tried 
that also help to balance the root chakra.

Love and Blessings,

 photo a7ceed8b-ce4f-45e6-8e44-5208e41b8eab_zps61970480.jpg
Stay in Step with High Heeled Life ...

Don't Miss a post get HHL Email Updates 

11 comments:

  1. Dearest Celia,
    Such a wonderful and educative post! We all can use this at certain times in our lives! Like picking yourself up and making you stand firmly on your feet, getting rooted again. Maybe others did uproot us but this works soothing.
    Thanks for your always great and insightful postings. You actually LIVED it and the gap between accident and post accident to present time you have bridged in a remarkable way. You certainly do qualify being a life coach!
    Hugs to you and stay warm!
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Celia,

    I enjoyed your very informative post and pretty mosaic. I will have to try some of these techniques. Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Celia
    Very interesting, some of which I learned when taking yoga classes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Celia,
    Your Root Chakra tea is lovely! Coloring is perfect for the intention. Your post is very informative and helpful. It is a good time to be rooted : )
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. You would love my friend Belinda! I keep meaning to mention that to you. Remind me to share more about her and what she does {including balancing of chakras among many things} next time we get together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So interesting. I can definitely say my chakra system is out of whack. Is this the whole concept of acupuncture?
    I did acupuncture for a bit and I remember the first visit feeling so dizzy and weird after. I started to feel better with time. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your post is very informative, Celia. I have been put through the ropes too over the years with my health issues and I'm happy to say that I'm coming along well now. God, exercise, water, diet, and a positive attitude have all played a huge part in my overcoming so many obstacles. I love your teapot and the teacups are beautiful. Always lovely to have you join me for tea.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful post, mon ami! For me, a combination of a whole foods diet {including green smoothies in the mornings} and exercise works best for me. I always love an afternoon or morning tea. I just can't seem to give up Starbucks! I'm trying to swap it for a cup of tea but I can't always convince myself.
    As always, you tea set is lovely!! xoxo, B

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful post. i like matching the teacup with the chakra color. I'm going to have to try it! Your Aynsley teacup is lovely (great for Valentine's Day, too). Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Celia I am so happy that you are doing this series! I have wanted for some time to learn more about chakras … and learning from someone I trust and respect was important! I am always so inspired to read how you continue to use your life struggles for the good of others!

    Thank you again for this well written series … I can truly appreciate the amount of work that goes into such a project!

    xoxo
    Tamera

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post, Celia, beautiful teacup - I have found that when things are 'off' with me I find that a lot has to do with my 'thinking'. I fall back on what God instructed, 'whatsoever is beautiful…think on these things'. This truly makes all the difference for me, I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Know that each one is appreciated and read. Any questions posed in comments in will be responded to via the Reply button below your comment. - Live Life Luxuriously!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...